As an author and branding expert, I've seen firsthand the power a well-crafted book can have on a business's success. That's why I was excited to speak with Kim Derek Rozdeba on The Author Factor Podcast about his book, Branding Queens.
Kim's book explores the stories of 20 remarkable women who built global brand dynasties, and she shared some incredible insights on the episode that I think are worth highlighting.
Here are some of the best takeaways from my conversation with Kim:
- Women entrepreneurs have been building iconic brands for centuries: While we often hear about male entrepreneurs in the media, Kim's research uncovered 20 exceptional women who built successful businesses and brands going back to the early 1800s. These women have inspiring stories that are worth learning from and celebrating.
- Books are the new business card: Kim mentioned that writing a book has been much bigger than he originally expected, and it's allowed him to present his thinking and promote his brand in a very powerful way. As I've mentioned before, a well-written and thought-provoking book can help entrepreneurs differentiate themselves and attract ideal clients.
- The power of branding: Kim's book, Branding Queens, is a great resource for those interested in branding. She discussed the importance of understanding the "5 C's of Branding" – clarity, consistency, constancy, community, and culture – in building a successful brand. Kim's insights show that branding is a critical component of any successful business, and entrepreneurs should invest the time to develop their brand strategy.
- Passion and perseverance are essential for success: The women Kim showcases in his book all had a vision, were passionate about their businesses, and persevered through challenges to achieve great success. These qualities are essential for any entrepreneur, and they're worth remembering as we pursue our own goals.
- Writing a book can open doors: Kim discussed how being an author has changed people's perception of him and opened doors he never thought possible, such as being invited to speak at events and schools. Writing a book can have a significant impact on an entrepreneur's career, and it's worth considering as a way to expand your influence and reach new audiences.
My conversation with Kim Derek Rozdeba was incredibly enlightening, and if you're interested in learning more about the stories of women who built iconic brands or the principles of branding, I highly recommend checking out the book, Branding Queens.
Read more and listen to this episode here: https://authorfactor.com/kim-derrick-rozdeba.