On this episode of The Author Factor Podcast title, Avoiding Strategic Blunders in Author Websites, I am joined by author website expert, Pauline Wiles, who brought valuable insights on using books to grow a business and how to create an effective author website.
Here are some of the key takeaways from this episode:
- Incorporating books into your website can be a great way to showcase your expertise and add value to your visitors. However, it's important to be intentional and strategic about it. For example, if you're using your book as a business card, then it should be prominently featured on your main website.|
- Starting small is often the best way to launch a website. Rather than trying to have everything in place from the outset, focus on creating a few key pages that clearly communicate what your business is about and what value you offer. You can always add more pages later if needed.
- Avoid common website mistakes, such as unclear messaging, outdated designs, and poor optimization for mobile devices. Your website should be easy to use and communicate your value proposition effectively.
- Writing and publishing a book can be a long-term strategy to grow your business. It's important to understand the time commitment required to promote your book, rather than focusing only on the short-term sales results.
- Videos can be a powerful tool to engage with your audience and highlight your expertise. Using short, conversational videos can help you connect with visitors and build trust.
I hope you find these takeaways helpful as you look to improve your author website and grow your business. Remember, writing a book is just one piece of the puzzle. You need to have a solid strategy in place to promote it effectively and use it as a tool to attract and engage with your audience.
Listen to this episode here: https://authorfactor.com/pauline-wiles